The following points are a guide to many essentials concerning the Primitive Baptist faith. I will be adding more from time to time and may even restructure it to a better study guide, dividing it by topics, etc.
Total Depravity – our need of salvation and inability to do anything about it
1) All of mankind fell in Adam, together by representation, (1 Corinthians 15:22, Romans 3:12)
2) Man is by nature dead in trespasses and sins. (Ephesians 2:1)
3) The nature of man is by nature emnity with (Romans 8:7) and enemies of God (Romans 5:10)
4) The natural man is not righteous. (Romans 3:10)
5) The natural man does not understand nor seek God (Romans 3:11)
6) The natural man is not good (Romans 3:12)
7) The natural man is inwardly a place of death, like a tomb. (Romans 3:13)
8) The natural man has no godly or spiritual qualities. (Romans 3:13-17, Titus 3:3)
9) The natural man has no fear of God (Romans 3:18)
10) Man is incapable of doing anything to obtain eternal life (Matthew 19:26).
Covenant of Grace – a salvation that is ordered and sure.
1) God has made a Covenant of Grace which assures our eternal salvation (2 Samuel 23:5).
2) The whole Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is involved (1 Peter 1:2).
3) Each aspect of the covenant assures the completion of the next (Romans 8:29-30).
Election – God chooses His people.
1) God has His people who he sent his son Jesus to save. (Matthew 1:21)
2) God chose a people in Christ before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4, 2 Tim 1:9).
3) The elect are justified before God (Romans 8:31)
4) Election by the Father had reference to the foreseen need our need of salvation (1 Peter 1:2).
Adoption – God makes chosen people His children, includes them in His family.
1) God the Father gave children unto his Son (Hebrews 2:13)
2) We were brought into the family of God by adoption (Ephesians 1:5).
3) Our adotion was predestinated (Ephesians 1:5)
4) Spiritual adoption only pertains unto the elect (Romans 9:4).
5) Our adoption was secured by Christ redeeming us (Galatians 4:5)
6) We experience our adption through the Spirit (Romans 8:15).
Limited Atonement/Particular Redemption – Christ paid for all the sins of the elect only.
1) Without the shedding of blood (death) there is no remission of sin (Hebrews 9:22).
2) He sent His Son to die for the sins of his people (John 10:11) and not for all of humanity (v26).
3) Christ, by His death, only gives eternal life to as many as the Father gave to Him. (john 17:2)
4) Jesus, our Savior, came into the world to save His people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21)
5) God has made Jesus Christ to be our redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).
6) Christ died only for those whom God loves (Romans 5:8), and God does not love everyone (Romans 9:13).
7) Christ only died for his sheep [God’s people] (John 10:11&15), not everyone is a sheep (John 10:26), some are goats [not God’s people] (Matthew 25:32-33).
Regeneration – The New Birth, how we are Born Again
1) He sends His Spirit to regenerate His sons and give them faith (Galatians 4:6).
2) We are saved by God as and act of mercy by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5), not our works.
3) The Spirit works in an immediate fashion upon the person (John 3:8). (immediate in this sense means: acting or being without the intervention of another object, cause, or agency).
4) It is the Spirit that quickeneth [gives life] (John 6:63).
5) God gives us eternal life (1 Jn 5:11).
6) Eternal life is a promise from God (1 Jn 2:25), and God keeps his promises (Titus 1:2).
Predestination – our final eternal destination is already set.
1) Those for who Christ died will live in glory with God (Romans 8:30-39).
2) We are predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:5).
3) Those who God foreknew (loved beforehand), them he also predestinates (Romans 8:29).
3) We are predestinated unto the glorious resurrection of life (Romans 8:29).
4) Those who God predestinates, He also calls (Romans 8:30).
Eternal Salvation – Eternal Deliverance from sin, death, and separation from God.
1) Salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done (Titus 3:5).
2) Salvation is by Christ’s obedience (Romans 5:19) not ours (2 Timothy 1:9).
3) Salvation is by Christ’s mediation (1 Timothy 2:5) not ours (2 Corinthians 3:5).
4) Salvation is of the Lord (Jonah 2:9).
Time Salvation – Not all salvation is unto eternal life, some is deliverance in this time world.
1) If your actions are required, then the salvation under consideration is Time Salvation (Acts 2:40)
Faith – the spiritual experience of our life in Christ.
1) Faith is a fruit of salvation (Galatians 5:22) not a prerequisite (Psalm 10:4).
2) Faith is an evidence of salvation (Hebrews 11:1) not a condition (Romans 3:10-18).
3) Faith is a provision of the covenant (Philippians 1:29) not a condition of the covenant (Hebrews 11:6).
Gospel – the Good News of the salvation Jesus Christ accomplished for us.
1) The gospel is the good news of our salvation (that Christ has already saved us) (Ephesians 1:13).
2) A man must be born again in order to hear the gospel (John 8:47) and to understand it (v43).
3) A man must be born again in order to believe the gospel (1 Corinthians 2:11).
4) The gospel is the power of God unto salvation (Time Salvation) unto those who are already saved (eternally) (1 Corinthians 1:18, Romans 1:16).
5) The preaching the gospel saves (Time Salvation) those that believe it (1 Corinthians 1:21).
6) The gospel reveals eternal life already existing in a person (2 Timothy 1:10), does not cause eternal life (John 5:39).
Belief – why we believe, what it does, what it does not do.
1) Men believe because they have eternal life (1 John 5:1) not in order to obtain eternal life (John 5:24).
2) It is because of the work of Jesus Christ that we believe in God (1 Peter 1:21).
3) Belief in God does not automatically equate to belief in Jesus Christ (John 14:1).
4) Belief (faith towards) God is evidence of eternal life (John 5:24).
5) Belief (faith towards) in Christ is evidence of eternal life (John 6:47).
6) Eternal life is the cause of belief in God and Christ (John 17:3).
7) Belief in Christ as his righteousness delivers a person from bondage to the Law for his righteousness (Romans 10:4).